Friday, October 5, 2007

Battle of the Drill - This is kind of gross

We had a little emergency this morning... I got stabbed by a drill. That is my inner right leg. We had to make a little trip to Immediate Care for a tetanus shot and some horse pill antibiotics. Thanks Dad, for coming to my rescue, yet again... but this time it wasn't my fault : )
This is the culprit, see that drill bit? That whole thing went through my leg. I am completely numb under the wound and the top of the wound is already swollen and starting to bruise. It went in at an upward angle.
This is how Kimball left the drill in the kitchen. Now, who's fault is this? I would say Kimball's.
I was just cleaning up and turned around to be impaled (maybe that is a bit of an exagerration) with the drill. I actually didn't realize what had happened until I felt the blood on my foot. And man, there was a lot of blood. I am very grateful that my dad came and helped to clean up the mess before we went to the clinic... it was pretty gross. It looked like someone was murdered in my kitchen. I am just so grateful it was me and not Barrett... I hope Kimball has learned his lesson about putting his dangerous toys away.

Doc says I will be fine. Just have to ice my leg, take these huge pills and watch for infection. It pierced the muscle so my leg is going to be very, very sore. Not to mention my arm, where I got the tetanus shot. At least we have modern medicine :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jen said...

OUCH! That looks painful. Hopefully next time Kimball will put his stuff away.

Anonymous said...

Whoops, sounds like a bloody ordeal! Expensive lesson to learn for one and all. Hope you are going to be okay, Jenny and I hope you survived the rath, Kimball!

Chooks

Anonymous said...

While I am sorry that my accident-prone wife was injured, this is not my fault. The tool bin was not located in the way, it was tucked into a corner of the room that was under construction (the picture doesn't show that). The lesson to be learned is to watch were you're going, or be aware of your surrondings, especially in a construction zone......else, you might stab yourself w/ a drill bit.

Kimball

Anonymous said...

ewwww! glad you all are ok!! miss you!!! love, merit