Friday, June 15, 2007

Letting go

I have decided to follow the trend and update my blog... this was a little more difficult than I had anticipated... next time I think I will try this when Barrett is napping. Let me know what you think of the new look...
This baby no longer needs me to put him to sleep... I know I should be grateful that he can fall asleep on his own, but it makes me sad that he doesn't need me anymore. Actually, he doesn't even want to be held at night when he is tired. Just put him in his crib, turn on the mobile and he falls asleep all by himself.
We have been a little busy around our house lately. Kimball finally broke down and bought some paint and I painted the entry, hallway, and living room. It is a nice neutral color, but it really warms up the room. You may also notice that we have let go of the hand me down couches. We purchased this new couch, which ultimately led to the paint purchase. I love this couch, it is sooo comfortable, and I think it lends a nice classic look.
We also let go of the very nice, but outdated oak entertainment center. We are no longer two televisions in a living room people! Funny, how getting rid of little furniture really opens up the room. Of course, sharing one couch is not so enjoyable...
Our next purchase will be a couple chairs for the living room. Kimball also swears that we will eventually have new flooring... we are talking about doing some kind of wood, probably bamboo, in all the rooms but the sunken living room and bedrooms. I guess this will be quite a project so I am not counting on anything getting done right away. Kimball also has some landscaping projects in the works so that will probably take priority this summer, along with boating and dirt biking ; p
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jen said...

You are very lucky that he will go to sleep on his own! I love the new couch and can't wait to see the new chairs when you get them.